Founded and bootstrapped in 2020 by serial entrepreneur Bernard Louvat and with pre-seed funding in early 2021, Tera is building tools to help people learn how to live and consume more sustainably.
The current remote team comprises 15 people located in the US, Canada, France, Croatia, Belarus and Vietnam. Our vision is to create a world where consumer power can transform our planet to live a more healthy and sustainable place for future generations. Through our climate tech solutions, we are making it easy for customers to shop conciously and buy products and brands that are better for their health and the health of the planet.
Tera has everything consumers need to learn- how to live sustainably, shop green, reduce their carbon, waste and toxic footprint, and connect with like-minded users who want to save the planet. So if you want to help the planet heal and don’t know where to start, this is a great opportunity.
Founded and bootstrapped in 2020 by serial entrepreneur Bernard Louvat, Tera is transforming the way we shop by building technologies to empower consumers to find out if the products they are buying are healthy for them/their family and sustainable for the Planet and recommend healthy and eco-friendly products from conscious brands. The current team is about 15 people, all remote and across the world and mostly in Product/Engineering/UX & UI and is supported by a digital agency and an SEO agency. Interns are regular contributors. Team members are located in the US, Canada, France, Croatia, Belarus.
The Tera Beta platform includes:
- Shop the Tera Marketplace for curated healthy and sustainable products made by conscious brands
- Sarch the Tera Product Database and find out about products toxicity and other attributes and where to buy recommended alternative products
- Learn how to live sustainably from original and curated third party articles in the Tera Blog
- Join the Tera Community of like minded people and learn from each other about products and how to live more healthy and sustainably
2. Chrome Browser Extension that detects toxic products at Amazon (first use case) and recommends safe products for personal health and planet.
3. Product Scanner embedded in the Tera App to scan UPCs at retail stores and detect toxic products and get recommendations for alternatives.
With 85% of Millennials & Gen Zers hoping to buy from trusted healthy & eco-friendly brands, Tera will become the go-to platform that makes that goal attainable. The revenue model is based on sales commissions paid by marketplace sellers/brands and affiliate fees paid by online retailers that sell Tera recommended products.
THE OPPORTUNITY: Director of Growth Marketing
As Tera launches its next iteration of the platform, we’re looking to acquire new users at an economical and scalable cost to validate our business model. The focus will be on organic and performance marketing traffic and will require a scrappy, self-starter to operate with a low paid media budget before our next round of funding. This person creates a user acquisition testing plan to optimize growth strategy, owning reporting and process creation.
You’ll lead the strategy and execution of driving new customer acquisition and retention while obsessing over the metrics and delivering measurable results. While you’ll join as the first growth marketing hire for the organization, you’ll have the opportunity to build out a team as we continue to grow our nimble team.
- Drive download and usage of the shopping tools (browser plugin, app)
- Drive sign ups and usage of the Tera platform
- Drive user engagement across the platform
- Drive purchases in the marketplace
- Drive repeat usage
- Drive friends referrals
- Community Seeding
- Micro Influencers
- Content Marketing
- Build a user email list
- Referral Program
- Organic Social
- Paid Social
- PR + Partnerships
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively demonstrate that Tera can acquire new users at an economical and scalable cost
- Create a channel testing plan and attribution methodology. Use the collected test data to formulate and execute a cost efficient user acquisition plan that can scale
- Own forecasting and delivery of monthly goals including:
- Unique Visitors
- Unique Buyers
- Customer LTV & Revenue
- Create, manage and experiment with new user acquisition campaigns
- Conceive and execute on a wide range of content campaigns to drive education and engagement.
- Manage all social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok, YouTube)
- Oversee SEO with our specialized agency
- Manage email marketing campaigns
- Analyze data to monitor revenue performance and optimize based on results
- Collaborate with Product/UX and Commerce teams to optimize the site for decreasing bounce rate, increasing user engagement, shopping tools downloads, buy conversion and user referrals
- As the business grows, you will manage, develop, and grow a team of user acquisition marketers
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE: QUALIFICATIONS & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- EDUCATION: BA/BS degree required
- EXPERIENCE: 7+ years of experience in a growth marketing role in consumer e-commerce
- Track record of building a successful user acquisition program in a ground-floor DTC startup
- Proven experience with testing, data tracking and analysis to drive strategy/tactics and optimization of marketing channels’ performance
- You take a creative approach towards developing organic traffic sources
- Comfortability as both a strategist and an operator who can execute
- You can deal with ambiguity and find innovative solutions to problems
- Scrappy - you can do a lot with little resources, and function as a hands-on self-starter
- You are a great team player who can understand requirements from across various functions and work together to reach a team goal
- Entrepreneurial spirit that’s not afraid of the risks of an early stage startup
WHY Tera: PERKS
- Work for a B-Corp, mission-driven organization
- Play a role in a generational fight for the sustainability of our Planet
- Work in a fast-moving, empowering, highly creative startup environment
- Get ground-floor stock options in a startup with massive potential
Create a world where consumer power can transform our planet into a healthy and sustainable place for future generations.
Empower our members to come together as a global community, embrace a more sustainable lifestyle and push businesses to commit to eco-minded practices.
Show the world that individual efforts do make a difference and that everyday small changes can save the planet.