4-Day Sea Otter Kayak Tour - Glamping & Exploring
Experience a sea kayaking holiday escape to Kyuquot, with delicious meals, engaging kayak outings, and exploring on forest trails on a remote island in the Pacific!
Just one day shorter than our 5-day Sea Otter Kayak Tour, which is a Canadian Signature Experience, this compact 4-day adventure is a great choice for tighter schedules (when you know you need to squeeze it in and just get away!), budgets, or as a 'taster' if base camp sea kayaking is something new for you.
This adventure fuses the rustic comforts of glamping, with the opportunity to explore Spring Island and the historic Mission Group of Islands by sea kayak, while experiencing sea otters, rugged shorelines, idyllic shell beaches, and many other delights, which makes it feel like you've had a much longer vacation.
These trips begin and end from your accommodation in Comox/Courtenay or Campbell River, include van transportation, a scenic boat ride to our Wilderness Retreat base camp, and the perfect mix of personal and group time once on the west coast of Canada.
Our daily routines flow with the tides, weather, and wildlife.
Taking full advantage of the comforts and conveniences of our base camp, each day's outings by sea kayak and foot allow us to share nearby highlights, including:
- curious sea otters, sea lions, and the possibility of kayaking with whales, which can include humpback, grey, Minke and killer whales
- bald eagles, osprey, great blue herons, other marine birds, and sometimes even tufted puffins
- coastal wolf and black bear viewing by kayak while they forage along the shoreline
- inviting shell beaches on rocky islets laden with marine life in tide pools
- giant Sitka spruce trees topped with the massive nests of bald eagles
- incredibly picturesque sunsets and sunrises
- historic and current village sites of the local First Nations people
- some of the most spectacular surf-pounded shores off the West Coast of Canada
Our professional sea kayak guides enjoy sharing their knowledge and skills, and learning together with you! We are committed to helping you to feel comfortable if in a kayak for the first time, or to further developing your confidence and competence if already an experienced kayaker. When on interpretive walks, if we don't have answers for your many questions, we'll try to find out more in our substantial resource library in the dining and activity shelter at our island retreat.
- Two-way ground transportation with professional drivers (van shuttle) to/from your overnight accommodation or vehicle parking location in Comox/Courtenay or Campbell River; parking available.
- Two-way water taxi transfer from Fair Harbour to WCE Spring Island Base Camp
- Diverse fleet of new, high-quality fibreglass and Kevlar single and double kayaks and all related kayaking equipment
- Hot Shower! (with private ocean view)
- Walk-in waterfront tents with beds, pillows, fitted sheet, and fleece blanket (just bring your sleeping bag...or arrange to rent one from us)
- All scrumptious meals and snacks once with us in Kyuquot - everyone is pleasantly satiated!
- Professional guides and all group safety gear
- Use of paddling jackets and dry bags for day trips when kayaking
- Engaging interpretive programs (rainforest, intertidal, marine, cultural) tailored to your interests
- Comprehensive resource library of reference and reading material about the coast
- Complimentary use of Stand Up Paddle Boards or "Window Kayaks" for exploring in our sheltered bay
- Innumerable other things - big and small - that make your experience with us feel comfy and complete!
|Third Party Certified||1|
People & Animals